The Map for Tango Port Tallinn 2017 locations will open here from April 2017 onwards.
Tallinn’s Brotherhood of the Blackheads was a guild for unmarried merchants and shipowners. There is no clear answer as to the founding of the brotherhood. The oldest original document mentioning the Blackheads is the brotherhood’s contract with the Tallinn Dominican monastery from March 28, 1400. This contract affirms the Blackheads’ right to the religious paraphernalia they had deposited at the Dominican St. Catherine’s Church. It is surmised, that the contract, an important occasion for the Brotherhood, must have been entered into shortly after the brotherhood was formed. Therefore, the founding date of the brotherhood has been set a few months earlier, in the year 1399.
Nowadays, the House of the Brotherhood of the Blackheads host many festive event from classical and modern music concerts to gala dinners and reception.
About the place - Straight in the Centre of Old Tallinn, on Town Hall Square
Hopner House with a beautiful architecture and noble history, is situated in the heart of Tallinn’s Old Town, at the Town Hall Square. In Tallinn’s history the honourable house was first mentioned in 1352. Through the centuries the house has been a place of trade and living quarters for bürgermeisters, aldermen and merchants.
The current form of the house dates back to the 17th century, when the owner was merchant Johan Hopner. To his honour, the house carries his name today. The house is one of the best preserved examples of medieval residential buildings in Tallinn. The first part of the complex of buildings, formerly known as Matkamaja, was built more than 700 years ago as a tower house. "A register of the owners of the shops built next to the tower house was kept from 1352," says Head of Tallinn City Centre Aini Härm. "Merchant Johan Hopner bought the tower house in 1662, and he also acquired the shop in 1665.
Useful info >